February 05, 2016 1 min read
We had a few friends and their children over for dinner last Saturday night, while the kiddies were busy throwing blocks down the stairs (!) we adults huddled in the kitchen and chowed down on these home-made bounty bars that I'd whipped up earlier.
Seriously, even if you can't cook you can make these, they're so easy, you just need a few ingredients and a little bit of time to chill the coconut mixture before you dip it in the melted chocolate. I used dark chocolate, but if you're not a fan, feel free to substitute with milk chocolate. Similarly, you can swap out the coconut oil for butter if you like, though obviously if you use butter and milk chocolate the bars are no longer vegan, but that's not a problem if you aren't vegan either, right?
2 cups desiccated coconut
3 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter)
1 cup coconut cream
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or seeds of one vanilla pod
1 block Whittakers 72% chocolate
1. Gently heat all ingredients except chocolate in a small saucepan.
2. Roll coconut mixture into bite-sized balls.
3. Place coconut mixture in the fridge until set (at least an hour but preferably overnight).
4. Break chocolate into pieces and place in a small microwave-proof bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir and repeat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Be careful not to burn it!
5. Drop coconut balls into chocolate mixture and use a spoon to quickly turn the ball to coat. Place chocolate bounty bars on a tray lined with baking paper.
6. Place in the fridge until set. Enjoy!
February 28, 2022 2 min read
Installing a car seat correctly is important. At Global Baby all our team members undertake training to ensure that we have the skills and knowledge to install your child's car seat safely in your car.
Our training covers New Zealand car seat legislation and standards, crash dynamics, car seat selection, and installation. It is based on the Child Restraint Technician's Manual, produced by Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency.
February 15, 2022 3 min read
January 27, 2022 5 min read