Home Made (Almost) Raw Vegan Bliss Balls
We had a few friends and their children over for dinner last Saturday night, while the kiddies were busy throwing blocks down the stairs (!) we adults huddled in the kitchen and chowed down on these home-made bounty bars that I'd whipped up earlier.
Seriously, even if you can't cook you can make these, they're so easy, you just need a few ingredients and a little bit of time to chill the coconut mixture before you dip it in the melted chocolate. I used dark chocolate, but if you're not a fan, feel free to substitute with milk chocolate. Similarly, you can swap out the coconut oil for butter if you like, though obviously if you use butter and milk chocolate the bars are no longer vegan, but that's not a problem if you aren't vegan either, right?
2 cups desiccated coconut
3 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter)
1 cup coconut cream
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or seeds of one vanilla pod
1 block Whittakers 72% chocolate
1. Gently heat all ingredients except chocolate in a small saucepan.
2. Roll coconut mixture into bite-sized balls.
3. Place coconut mixture in the fridge until set (at least an hour but preferably overnight).
4. Break chocolate into pieces and place in a small microwave-proof bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir and repeat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Be careful not to burn it!
5. Drop coconut balls into chocolate mixture and use a spoon to quickly turn the ball to coat. Place chocolate bounty bars on a tray lined with baking paper.
6. Place in the fridge until set. Enjoy!
Also in News
Valentine's Day is the perfect excuse to show your other half just how much you care. Flowers, chocolates and perfume never go astray, but when it comes to new mums or mums-to-be, there's no better way to say "I love you" than with a truly thoughtful gift that marks a new era of your relationship: parenthood.
Looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day gifts for your partner? Check out our list of gifts handpicked to pamper your lover and celebrate the connection between mother and child. These inspired gift ideas for mums are perfect for wrapping up this Valentine's Day.